UAE Labour law is a federal legislation applicable to all emirates of the UAE, enforced by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, with litigations adjudicated by the Federal and Local Courts of the UAE.
Labour Law covers all aspects of employer-employee relationships in the UAE, be they UAE nationals or expatriates. The correct application of these laws is the key to the stability and integrity of society. Trade unions for the protection of labour rights are unheard of in the UAE. Matters are directly referred to the Ministry and then taken to the UAE Labour Courts only when chances of amicable solutions to resolve issues have failed.
Al Hafeez Global Advocates & Legal Consultants represent the lawful interests of Clients on an equal basis, whether they are employers or employees, and ensure compliance with the UAE Labour Law requirements at all stages of the labour dispute resolution. Resolving a labour dispute in the UAE is, at times, a very complex issue that has to be handled with skill and expertise, which is ensured by our efficient team of advocates.
The UAE labour law deals with all aspects of employer/employee relationship such as
- Employment contract
- Juvenile and women’s employment issues
- Record and file maintenance
- Wages, Working hours, leave
- Safety and protection of employees
- Medical and social care, Codes of discipline
- Termination of employment contracts, End of service benefits
- Compensation for occupational diseases
- Labour inspections, Penalties
- Employment-related accidents, injuries, and death
Some of the areas that our lawyers can assist you are:
- Restrictive Covenants – Protection of Goodwill
- Due diligence
- Drafting of Employment Contracts / Agreement
- End of service
- Labour claims
- Maternity leave
- Non-Competition Agreement (NCA) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Unfair and Wrongful Dismissal
- Unpaid salary or other Pay Related Disputes
- Compromise Agreements
- Discrimination, Victimization
- Work / Labour Bans
- Immigration matters
FAQ about UAE Labour Law & Employment-related services
What are the employment laws in UAE?
The best lawyer in Dubai clarifies that the new labour law decree – Ministerial Resolution No. (47) of 2022 Regarding The Settlement of Labor Disputes and Complaints Procedures – deals with labour disputes, work permit revocation, labour prohibitions, and how employers and employees can appeal a case against them.
Who does the UAE labour law apply to?
Some free zones in the UAE, such as the Jebel Ali Free Zone, include labour-related laws that must be followed. Article 3 of the Law states that the Law applies to all staff and workers working in the UAE, whether they are UAE residents or ex-pats.
What is the basic salary as per UAE labour law?
There isn’t a minimum salary in the UAE right now. The UAE Labour Law does not include a basic pay percentage, which means that it does not mandate that the basic compensation be a certain proportion of the gross salary. However, it is customary for the base compensation to be 60% of the gross salary and the allowances to be 40%.