<p>The principal objective of the Legal Department is to protect the interests of the Corporation and ensure that the Corporation’s activities and operations are consistent with its constitutive and other legal instruments and sound legal principles. This role will involve providing legal services in respect of the Corporation’s investment transactions, treasury transactions, administration and other contracts.</p>
- Investments – Project Finance, Debt, Equity and Project Development
- Deal with the legal aspects of the Corporation’s investments and transactional matters, covering project finance, debt, equity and project development transactions
- Structure transactions in a manner that is consistent with the mandate, policies and objectives of the Corporation and provide innovative and practical solutions to legal issues pertaining to the Corporation’s transactions and activities
- Deal with the legal aspects of the credit approval process relating to transactions
- Draft, review and negotiate term sheets, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), mandate letters, project agreements, financing and security agreements
- Review conditions precedent and coordinate closing of the financing including perfection of security based on local jurisdiction requirements
- Review and ensure that AFC’s Development Finance Institution (DFI), Environmental & Social Obligations and Sanctions provisions are reflected in all financings and that the relevant checklists are up to date
- Ongoing monitoring and advising on legal issues arising from closed transactions from time to time.
- Deal with the legal aspects of facility agency and security agency roles relating to the Corporation’s transactions
- Deal with legal aspects of restructured and non-performing loans and assets
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Post-qualification experience with a legal or financial advisory firm or financial institution.
- Advanced degree in Law.
- 6-8 years minimum relevant experience
- French/civil law qualification and/or experience desirable.
- A number of properly structured projects.
- A number of quality completed transactions.
- Value-added and timely response to requests from Project Specialists in accordance with KPIs.
- Responsiveness and turnaround times on legal work;